The NOMURA Group has been working to achieve sustainable growth and solve social issues. The environment surrounding the company has changed significantly, and both achieving a sustainable society by solving social issues and improving sustainable corporate value has become increasingly important. Based on this fact, we have established a sustainability policy to show our officers and employees what values and goals they need to respect when considering such things as initiatives to address sustainability issues.
1.Corporate governance (governance, risk management, compliance)
We will comply with laws and social norms, work to appropriately manage the risks surrounding our business activities, and build governance for fair and sound corporate activities that are considerate of the environment and society.
- Thorough compliance and realization of flexible and speedy management that can respond to changes
- Dialogue and collaboration with stakeholders
2. Respect for human rights, work styles, acceptance of diversity, and human resource development
・We will deepen our understanding of human rights issues related to our business activities and fulfill our responsibility to respect human rights.
・We will pursue healthy working styles for our employees and accept a wide range of diversity in terms of age, gender, presence or absence of disability, nationality, race, values, etc. In addition, we regard the abilities of people as capital and strive to develop human resources who can demonstrate their individual abilities.
- Exercising Creativity by Utilizing and Developing Diverse Human Resources
- Promoting a rewarding work-life balance
- Realization of a safe working environment free from harassment
・We will work to improve and improve the quality and safety standards of the products and services we provide.
・We will reduce the environmental impact of our business activities and work on environmentally friendly procurement and the introduction and development of new technologies.
・We will work to ensure the safety and health of working people and prevent disasters and accidents.
- Improving reliability of products and services through supply chain management
- Monozukuri and Kotozukuri that enrich the earth, nature, and the human environment
- Realization of a safe and secure working environment
4.Social Contribution Activities
- Through our business activities, we will contribute to the development of culture and local communities, promote mutual understanding beyond cultures and regions, and contribute to the creation of the next generation.
- Local revitalization through inheritance of local assets and community formation
- Realization of space creation that is easy for anyone to use
- Creation of rich sensibility through co-creation and support with cultural activities
- Realization of a healthy society by creating spaces for sports and wellness businesses
- Developing creative and engineering human resources that realize a rich human environment
- Improving spatial value through creative ideas and technological innovation